A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a means of connecting computers through a public (untrusted) computer network to a closed private (trusted) network. When establishing a connection, the identity of both parties is verified using digital certificates, authentication occurs, all communication is encrypted, and therefore we can consider such a connection secure. For employees, it's such a simple tool to connect from anywhere to your office workstation from a remote desktop and use it as if it were physically present in the workplace. For external companies, it is a tool for managing their services located in the internal structure of the university. See the attached files below for connection instructions. You must also install one of the clients listed below to connect, depending on your operating system.
Setting up a mobile number for VPN
- Filling in the mobile number is done on the Intranet.
- In section Personália > Upravit kontaktní informace > Přidat kontakt
- Fill in the Contact field (in the form of a nine-digit number without spaces, applies only to operator numbers in the Czech Republic), Contact type > Mobile phone, Department (select your department), Publish at WWW (unless checked, the mobile number will NOT be displayed in your profile at wp.czu.cz, otherwise the number WILL be published), Primary (If you have more than one mobile phone registered, check Primary on the phone where the six-digit SMS login codes are to be sent. The code is valid for 5 minutes.) And save the edit by clicking Insert contact.
- Verify that Primary is selected for Mobile Contact.
- Mobile number is synchronized once an hour.
Manual setting of VPN client configuration
Remote gateway is vpngw.czu.cz, port 443
- Application submitted to DICT. The application is submitted by a superior worker or his / her representative via the Helpdesk portal > I need something› Network services > VPN remote access to the CZU network.
- A set mobile number in the intranet (Czech operator numbers only).
- The applicant was granted permission for a remote connection to the target computer (i.e. in the CZU network).
- Installed VPN client application (FortiClient VPN) on your device.